Waffling aside, let’s get down to business. At the airport yesterday, shortly after checking in my luggage, I went to spend my last few euros on Vogue magazines. As I grabbed my edition of Vogue US, I said, ‘Oh, Emma Watson looks hot on this cover’. Then I noticed, to my amazement, that Emma Watson was on the cover of a handful of other magazines too . Oh my good Lord, it’s the Emma Watson fever. And, wait for it, I think I caught the bug too!
I am assuming that you all know who Emma Watson is. She’s the young lady who portrays the nerdy and supposedly bushy-haired Hermione in J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series. Up to a few years ago, Emma Watson was only ‘the girl who played Hermione’ to me. Then she became ‘the girl who could steal Daniel Radcliffe from me’. Now she’s ‘one gorgeous woman who has suddenly become a style icon’.
I admit, I am just a little bit in love with Watson’s style. I also have to confess that I absolutely hated her fashion sense during the early days of her career. My hate could also have been slightly fuelled by her closeness to Radcliffe, and that’s rather sad. Anyway, I changed my opinion on her when I saw her wearing this AMAZING red jacket on TRL. BAM! She started gracing the pages of my good books.
This has got to be my absolute favourite: Emma in Bottega Veneta for the NY Premiere of the last Potter movie, held only a few days ago. The bustier is so flattering it makes me want to jump around like a happy unicorn, and oh my God, that gold colour is simply stunning. She looks almost haunting. I guess that it’s that gold-and-black smoky eye working its magic. Watson is anything but a Muggle (pun intended).
So, as I conclude this Ode to Watson, all I can say is, ‘Good job Watson! Don’t you dare grow your hair back. Don’t hide that perfect face structure behind frocks. Oh, and I’m sorry for not liking you when you wore that horrible outfit for your first premier!’
-B


She is gorgeous!! I admire her too, she is such a good role model and has a great sense of fashion.
ReplyDelete