To start off, I hope you're having a lovely weekend. Also, 'Hello' to all my new readers! My stats show that readership has literally spiked up over the last few days and I'm so grateful to you all for that!
I was on the Vogue website the other day and I noticed they uploaded pictures of who they believe were the best dressed ladies of the week. As per usual, I didn't agree with some of them, but I think they got the majority right. Here are my favourites from the list, but should you want to view all the fashionistas who made the final cut, visit this link.
First up is Taylor Swift in her interesting colour-blocking combo. As you know already, colour-blocking is not high up my street as it was in the past. It's not as big as it was in the fashion industry anyway. However, having said that, I've noticed a lot of colour-blocking with primary colours lately. Taylor's outfit is a good example what I'm referring to. Note her yellow pleated skirt, her blue knit and her red shoes. Primary colours always look good together, so along with the black+white+red combination, the mixture of primary colours is a brilliant and easy colour-blocking option.
Obviously, Gaga at the Gaga's Workshop launch at Barney's in New York City. This custom made Chanel gown bears all the typical Chanel and Lagerfeld traits, from the use of tweed to the contrast binding and all that jazz. Whereas Chanel is mostly known for its class and conventional pieces, Lagerfeld managed to spice up tradition and adapt Chanel to Gaga. Thumbs up!
Beyonce is looking more beautiful than ever before. In this dress, Beyonce shows off her (rather large) belly and uses a gusset-like gold sequin detail to accentuate her bulging tummy. Awh, Beyonce is surely a happy mama to be for she never fails to remind us she has a bun in the oven!
Michelle Williams and her haircut always steal the show. I love her and I can't wait to watch her latest movie, 'My Week With Marilyn'. I adore her black leather dress because it's a classier take on the fetish trend. Even though I'm in love with this particular trend, I'm always a bit wary of it. It can easily go wrong, and instead of looking like a style queen you can turn into the queen of tackiness. Michelle has aced it!
Last but not least is Emma Watson in this gorgeous peplum top! I wanted to include her in my top list, firstly because she looks damn good, and secondly to make a few points on wearing peplum tops. Starting off with using a skinny belt. That, dear readers, is an excellent idea. Peplums are meant to emphasise the waist, so that little belt will complement well and highlight this part of the body even more. Secondly, always pair peplum tops with tight clothing on your lower half of the body. Don't even think about wearing a baggy pair of pants!
-B





Great list, these ladies all look fabulous! Emma Watson is always gorgeous in my opinion, the addition of the belt to her top is great!
ReplyDeleteEmma Watson looks gorgeous! I really admire her fashion sense!
ReplyDeleteThank you for some other informative site. The place else may just I am getting that type of info written in such
ReplyDeletean ideal manner? I've a mission that I am just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such info.
Here is my website amfphp skirtini