Thursday, 15 December 2011

Versace for H&M: Here we go again!

Dear Readers,
Back when Versace announced its first collaboration with H&M, you might remember me saying that Versace is not one of my favourite designer labels. Well, now we are finally able to see some pieces from their second collection, hitting stores on January 19th and will probably be sold out until the evening of that same day.

Looking at the items, I can tell that Versace opted for a more pastel-based palette this time. White is also another colour that has made the cut, probably a little bit too much, considering there are white shoes as well. Staple Versace prints were also included, with my personal favourite being the fruit print that was applied to swimwear, shoes and a number of other pieces as well.

To be very frank, as usual, I wasn't very impressed by the women's wear pieces. They are way too far from my world and I'm not a big fan of those pastel pinks and blues. Therefore, selecting some pieces I would actually invest in turned out to be rather difficult. But here they are:

Pretty Dressing Gown

Fun and Playful Swimwear


It might not come as a surprise to you if I say that I am completely infatuated with the men's pieces from this collection. I honestly believe Versace has done a much better job with the gents than it did with the ladies. The pieces have very nice, clean lines that you know I adore, and the colours are somewhat more attractive when compared to their counterparts in the ladies' range. A particular piece that tickled my fancy is this pair of shorts. A-D-O-R-E the darts at the front at the colour is so eye-catching I almost had to hold my eyes in place!

*add to cart*

As I nearly always do whenever I speak about H&M, I end by expressing my sincere desire for the store to come to my dear, forgotten country. We need fashion here as well you know!

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment