Dear Readers,
I don't consider myself to be particularly talented at applying makeup. I can do a decent smokey eye. I somehow manage to pull off flicked eyeliner. I can follow an easy tutorial on YouTube and recreate, say, 70% of the look. But that's it, nothing too fancy. (Yet, enough to know that extremely drawn eyebrows look tacky. For Christ's sake, I just wish the woman I saw this morning reads this..)
But, unlike me, some people are really talented! Like, REALLY talented. One such person is make-up artist Katie Alves, who creates stunning and very elaborate looks. Some of her looks are inspired by our favourite Disney movies. As soon as I stumbled upon some pictures of her work, I felt like I had to share this incredible talent with you all! I have heard about make-up artists who did 'Cinderella looks', 'Snow-White looks' or something along those lines. However, Alves work is different. She literally paints a scene from Disney movies on her models' eyelids. How cool is that?
Take a look at some of Alves' work below. Let's see whether you can tell which movie inspired which look :)
 |
| 'Aladdin' |
 |
| 'Alice in Wonderland' |
 |
| 'Lion King' |
 |
| Awhh my fave! 'The Nightmare before Christmas' |
 |
| 'Snow White' |
 |
| 'Tangled' | | | | |
Oh geez, all these looks make me feel like a newbie!
Don't forget to visit Katie Alves' Facebook page
here, and like my page
here..while you're at it :p. All pictures used above were taken from
Styleite.
-B
amazing!!!!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://traveloguewithlove.blogspot.com/
Oh wow, these are amazing. I could never ever do somethig like this.
ReplyDeleteSarah
x
http://dollydotgirl.blogspot.com
Cara capito qui la prima volta e adoro già il tuo blog!!!e adesso ti aggiungo anche se lookbook xkè mi piace un sacco il tuo stile ;D baciiii
ReplyDeletethat is Amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Simply STUNNING!
ReplyDelete