Sunday, 9 September 2012

Sunday Summary #2

Dear Readers,

It's Sunday morning, I had my breakfast and now I'm here bidding farewell to the first full week of the month.   It started off with torrential rains and tsunamis of rain-related statuses on Facebook and ended with relatively  cooler weather (that reminds me that Summer is now drawing to a close!).

This was a busy week. I've spent a great deal of time this week preparing for the La Redoute collaboration and finally published the post last Friday. The response was pretty overwhelming. Who would have known I'd end up on the company's international Facebook Page? Geez, I still can't quite digest it now. I'm really happy about it though because I tried to put my best into it and it's always a pleasant to feel appreciated right?


I haven't had the time to go shopping this week. As I said, I was truly and incredibly occupied with writing work so I didn't have too much time on my hands. I did, sadly, end up spending way too much on eBay and ASOS. The orders should start arriving this week and I'm really looking forward to see whether I remember ordering any of those pieces! It's that bad. My only excuse slash justification is that I need new clothing for work.

The photos in this post are from the only 'shopping' trip I've been to this week. I met my cousin Donna in Sliema and since, as I said, I had just splurged on my frantic online shopping incident, I decided to adopt the role of a 'window shopper' and 'image consultant'. The latter is rather fun and easy, I find myself saying 'You should totally buy that!' really often. We ended the day at Cafe Cuba, after heading back home to spend the night working on one of my upcoming articles.


I wish I took photos of the sushi I feasted on yesterday. In all honesty, I had been craving sushi for God knows how long but nearly everyone I know is disgusted by the mere thought of it. Luckily my sister from another mister, namely Alexia, is a big fan so we went out on for sushi yesterday at Portomaso. I also managed to eat prawns for the first time in my life. Alexia managed to covert me to Prawnism.

Oh, and I've been totally hooked on Train's 'California 37' album. Apart from the highly popular '50 Ways To Say Goodbye' and 'Drive', I've been loving 'Mermaid' and 'Sing Together'. I like 'Bruises' too. Well, I think it's a worthwhile listen. Maybe you should give it a try, especially whilst driving. It's a good driving album (said the girl who doesn't drive).


The coming week promises to be just as packed so I'm bracing myself for it. Three shoots, one and a half articles, a couple of side-projects and plenty of other non-blogging related errands: hand me a piece of paper, I need to write it all down. Also, New York Fashion Week! How could I forget that? I'm collecting all the necessary material to write up a post at the end so stay tuned for that.

'Changes' and 'New Beginnings' should be this week's keywords. I allocated a sizeable amount of 'thinking' time last week, which undoubtedly proved to be really useful. This sentence doesn't really make sense does it? I'm leaving it anyway though, can't think of a better conclusion.

Hope you all had a great week and hope the next is even better!

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment